Monday, November 14, 2011

Menu Planning Monday Nov 14-20

Easy, peasy family favorites this week since I have a full schedule and want to save some time and energy to gear up for the upcoming holiday cooking frenzy. I am SO excited. I know, it's shocking that I am excited about food, but really, I am. Sorry if this week is a little heavy on the sandwiches, but I promise I'll make up for it in Thanksgiving leftover yumminess and holiday baking goodies in the coming weeks.

Day #1: Smoked sausage and peppers on hoagy rolls with baked potatoes.

Day #2: Slow cooker pulled pork sandwiches, fried green tomatoes and cole slaw.

Day #3: Tuna melts and roasted butternut squash. I am not even sure how the butternut squash in my pantry got there. Did my mother leave it when she came to watch the kids? Did my mother-in-law leave it when she visited and I was (blessed to be) out of town? Did my neighbor drop off her extras? Who knows? Who cares? I have delicious butternut squash that I will roast with a sinful amount of butter and brown sugar and call it a vegetable.

Day #4: Meatball subs with chips and dip. Yes, I occasionally serve chips and dip. For real.

Day #5: English muffin pizzas. It's pizza night, and I've realized I like pizza from our favorite pizza shop a lot more if I don't have it every single week so I've been trying to mix things up with something homemade at least every other week. Just so happens English muffins were on sale last week, and I have some pepperoni kicking around in my fridge with nothing planned for it.

Day #6: Beef with Broccoli. I can't wait to try this recipe from Rainy Day Gal. It looks soooooooo yummy. I love love love Chinese food, but since we have been eating less and less restaurant food, when we do have it, it tends to not agree with me so much. I am hopeful this is yummy but somewhat healthier version of one of my favorites. http://rainydaygal.com/2011/02/03/beef-with-broccoli/

Day #7: Black bean soup with cornbread.

I share my menus on Organizing Junkie's Menu Planning Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment