Monday, November 7, 2011

Menu Planning Monday Nov 7-13

Tying to get back on the menu planning....er, horse, so to speak. Thanks to a little big batch cooking the weekend before, last week worked out just fine without a plan, but I know it won't be pretty if I try to do that for long. So, here's my plan for this week.

Day #1: I knew today I needed something fast and easy, that I could throw on the table in just a few minutes time since we'd be getting home late, have to to eat dinner, and clean up before I had an appointment later in the evening. Crock Pot to the rescue! Except Monday mornings are extra busy too, so it had to be something I could throw in the slow cooker super-fast, with no prep and preferably no recipe and no need to go rummaging through my cabinet for long, lost spices. It took me five minutes to put together Cheesy Chicken and Stuffing Casserole. I usually do it in the oven, but it worked great in the Crock Pot. Plus, the kids loved. it.

Cheesy Chicken and Stuffing Casserole

2-3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 can cream soup (mushroom or chicken work equally well)
1 8 oz package shredded cheese (I like cheddar, but your favorite would work fine)
1 box Stove Top Stuffing chicken flavor, prepared according to package directions

Place chicken in the bottom of slow cooker. Spread soup on top. Sprinkle with cheese. Spoon stuffing on top. Cook on low 8 hours.

Day 2: Cashew Chicken with Noodles. I'm using a recipe from my new favorite magazine, Simple & Delicious, Easy Meals for Busy People. It has a ton of simple, fast and yummy-looking recipes in it. There are several recipes I can't wait to try.

Day #3: The weather report says our beautiful Indian summer is going to end later this week, and it will be replaced with chilly rain. I think that calls for Sherried Tomato Soup and Cheesy Garlic Bread, both from my very favorite blog in the whole world, The Pioneer Woman.


Day #4: One evening this week is parent-teacher conference night. We usually get a sitter so we aren't rushed or stressed out worrying that the kids are running rampant in the halls, torturing the parents or teachers with their noise. Since we have a sitter, we also make a date night of it. I'm thinking sushi...mmmmm..... yummmm.... Anyway, for the children it will be fish and macaroni and cheese.

Day #5: Sauteed sausage and peppers with oven roasted vegetables.

Day #6: Some friends invited us to pot luck this weekend so I am planning to bring my oft-requested apple crisp. I love pot luck!

Day #7: Taco Roll-ups from Family Fun Magazine. Don't they look delicious?


I share my menus on Organizing Junkie's Menu Planning Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment