Monday, October 17, 2011

Menu Planning Monday Oct 17-23

Apparently, there's this whole phenomenon called Menu Planning Monday started by Organizing Junkie that food bloggers everywhere take part in. You can check it out here:

http://orgjunkie.com/2011/10/menu-plan-monday-oct-1711.html

I found out about it at Skinny Mom's Kitchen, whose recipes I've been loving lately.  You can check it out here:

http://www.skinnymomskitchen.com/

So, I've decided to join the crowd and call mine Menu Planning Monday too. Here's this week's menu:

Day #1: Taco Cornbread Casserole. Doesn't it look amazing?

You can find the recipe here:  http://debbidoesdinnerhealthy.blogspot.com/2010/08/taco-corn-bread-casserole.html  Apple crisp too, since we picked 43 pounds of apples yesterday. Pretty sure there will be more apple recipes in my near future.

Day #2: Balsamic onion and potato frittata. I can't wait.  It looks sooooooo good.  Check it out: http://www.kayotic.nl/blog/balsamic-onion-potato-frittata

Day #3: Chili and cornbread

Day #4: Stuffed baked potatoes. I will put out some leftover chili, cheese, sour cream, bacon, and whatever else happens to be hanging out in the fridge.  I am thinking some fried apples would make a lovey side dish for this as well. 

Day #5: Even though Fridays are usually pizza and movie night at our house, I've been trying to find yummy, easy, kid-approved recipes to replace ordering out.  I think this might do the trick: http://tidymom.net/2010/how-to-make-home-made-pizza-rolls/. They love love love the hideous frozen-from-a-box version of these so hopefully they will like these at least as much. If I am feeling adventurous, I might try my hand at homemade bread sticks. I'll tell you a secret. Yeast scares me. But...my oldest says that's what he misses most about ordering out for pizza on Friday nights--the garlicky, cheesy bread sticks from the pizza place down the street. So for him, I might face the yeast.

Day #6: Chinese lettuce wraps and braised baby bok choy. I am SO looking forward to this. Baby bok choy is one of my very favorite veggies, and I've been wanting to make lettuce wraps for a while. 

Day #7: Creamy Tomato Soup and cheesy garlic bread. Unless we have a refrigerator full of leftovers, in which case we will have leftover night. 

I know that's a lot of new recipes for one week, but when I get bored with what I'm cooking I fall off the menu planning bandwagon. So, I might get to Thursday and decide that we're having PB&J and tater tots for dinner, but that's not the end of the world. And if not, it's going to be a really yummy week!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, the taco cornbread casserole looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the link!
    Willa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting, Willa! My whole family loved it.

    ReplyDelete