Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekly dinner menu Oct 3-9

Despite the chicken nugget debacle last week (exaggerate??? me??? never!), I feel like the menu planning worked out extremely well. I am not exactly a plan ahead kind of gal so actually cooking five of the seven meals I had planned is a huge success. Now, the trick will be doing it again. And again. And again. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

This week's menu is not quite as firm as last week's since I haven't scoured the weekly ads yet to see exactly what is on sale. I do know what I have in the refrigerator, freezer and pantry so we're going to start there and make modifications as necessary.

Last week was really heavy on the cheese. I think I bought three or four ponds for the week's meals. Tasty, yes. Budget-wise and waist-wise, not so much. So I am going to work on reducing that a bit.

I am feeling a little under the weather so it's simpler than last week.

Day #1: BLT Turkey Tortilla roll-ups, apple salad, baked potatoes (maybe twice baked if the Nyquil does its job tonight).

Day #2: Slow cooker pot roast soup. My very best soup ever, according to my children.

Day #3: Baked spaghetti.

Day 4: Homemade chicken nuggets for the kids, fried chicken salad for the adults.

Day #5: French bread pizza.

Day #6: Chicken, rice and green bean casserole.

We're planning to go out one night this week so that's all we'll need. If we end up needing a seventh meal, pasta carbonara has been on my mind. Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment