Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Today's Accomplishments

When I realized it was already 9:30 tonight and it didn't seem I had accomplished much of what I had hoped to today, I was kind of annoyed, cranky, and disappointed.  But then I started thinking about what I had done today and realized it had been pretty productive after all.

Here are some of the things I accomplished today:
  1. Bought the ears and tail set to complete my daughter's kitty cat Halloween costume.  I felt a sudden urgency to arrange for an appropriate costume for a four-year-old after my husband's aunt sent us a red Chinese-style dress for her. To which my husband commented, "Now we don't have to get her a Halloween costume! She can be a zombie geisha!" There are so many things wrong with that sentence, I don't even know where to begin.
  2. Purchased two new exceptionally stylish wardrobe items (if I do say so myself) from the thrift store for budget-pleasing total of $11.98. No, I will not tell you what they look like. You will just have to wonder if I am wearing my thrift store deal or a super-deluxe-fancy-designer outfit the next time you see me.
  3. Scrubbed the bathroom in an attempt to locate and eliminate the stench of little boy pee that has taken up residence there. I got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed the floor and the back side of the toilet, even down on the squiggly part behind the bowl.  Lord only knows how little boys can pee in a circle and through solid objects, but clearly they can. Of course, the smell was back in an hour so I guess I should add that to tomorrow's to do list anyway.
  4. Won one game of Words with Friends.  Lost two.  OK, maybe this one shouldn't really go on the "accomplished" list.
  5. Picked a watermelon from our garden.  The only watermelon that grew to full size in our garden. The first watermelon we've ever grown in our garden. Even though I wasn't sure it would be ripe enough to eat, the vine was completely brown so it had to be picked before it started to rot. We were pleased to find it pink and sweet inside.  My little guy, the inspiration for planing watermelon vines, was especially pleased.
  6. Found all three of the kids' missing library books. So far, I have been unable to locate MY missing library item--the latest edition of Good Housekeeping, but the three books that the children claimed to not recall checking out of the library have been located and placed in a safe location awaiting their return.  Not a bad average, if you ask me. Just don't ask my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment